“As part of a series of wider strategic initiatives and improvements, we worked with Opticore to help us deliver across a number of key areas. These included overseeing programs developing and improving some of our information security controls and helping us to land an Information Security Management system which was ultimately certified to ISO27001:2013 standards.
To ensure success against these programmes, Flutter engaged with Opticore IT PPM who put in place a highly effective Programme Management, Business Change Management and Business Analysis capability to deliver against the objectives.
The consultants provided by Opticore have proven themselves to be extremely reliable and effective throughout these initiatives and have enabled us to make great progress”
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY
“From the project’s inception through delivery, Opticore engineers showed fantastic flexibility throughout the project lifecycle. Following the migration and the lifting of Covid restrictions, our staff returned to work and the Opticore engineers provided professional support during this adjustment period.
Opticore have now taken on full network management using their NOC and tooling to maintain and proactively support the CBAM network. Due to the high calibre of the engineers and their approach to this project, the transition has been seamless.”
HEAD OF IT SERVICES
CLOSE BROTHERS ASSET MANAGEMENT
Case Study: Network Discovery Audit & Core Network Redesign
Our clients’ estate had grown extensively in recent years, the rate of change led to best practice methods and design principles not being maintained, ultimately resulting in a network estate that was not performant and not stable.
- Physical and Logical network audit detailing every aspect of the network connectivity from Layer 1 to 4
- Working with security and the CISO to enable audit automation pulling data from multiple sources including the management systems, DDI platforms and directly to network kit (keeping data on-prem)
- Remediation plan to remove EOL equipment taking into consideration costs and future standardised designs
- On-going discussions and development focusing on process, device commissioning, decommissioning and best practice standards
- Engaging directly with 3rd party vendors to understand operating models, requirement gathering processes and lifecycle development of new solutions and how solutions fit into the wider architecture
“We needed an impartial review of our entire network estate, we trusted in Opticore to provide a service that enabled us to drive positive change across our platform.”
Case Study: Wireless & Security Design plus Deployment
Our client was looking to improve wireless connectivity around their estate through the deployment of a new Cisco wireless solution. The complexity of this engagement was in the deployment, as several buildings were grade 2 listed with numerous rooms and limited for hardware/cabling.
- Carried out design surveys to understand AP requirements
- Active RF survey to identify AP placement
- Gathered in-depth requirements to move the estate towards a 5Ghz only environment
- Thick walls, lots or corridors and lead lined rooms provided a very challenging RF environment, coupled with geographic placement within a metropolitan area forced the removal of 2.4Ghz
- Deployed ISE, MSE and Prime to support the wireless solutions
“Opticore immediately understood the challenges and delivered a world class solution to the hospital and its partners”
Case Study: Network Technical
Our client adopted a flexible resourcing model that enabled them to engage niche consultancies for complex delivery or engagements that they couldn’t fulfil through their permanent team. Opticore were engaged to provide network consultancy for several concurrent fixed price activities.
- Service flow designs across existing shared infrastructure
- Included end to end routing, F5 LTM & GTM configuration, Palo Alto security policies and routing
- Data Centre design
- Deployment of new server farms utilising Nexus and VPC technologies
- Aggregation of 40GB towards the distribution layer from multiple access-layers
- Wireless desktop surveys
- In-house Ekahau survey kit utilised to provide detailed heat maps
“Opticore have always provided the right resources to get the job done right and on-time”
Case Study: Network Managed
Our clients’ network estate has grown organically through acquisition over the past 10 years. The lack of uniform design and mixed multi-vendor solutions led to a series of issues that resulted in extended periods of downtime and loss of service to their clients. Opticore were engaged to provide support of the global network estate.
- Managed service deployment – 5 on-site network engineers
- Introduction of standards and remediated devices (without network re-design)
- Identified failing suppliers and introduced new Global MPLS WAN
- Because of the amount of change, an overlay network was created across the underlay MPLS network, this allowed the client to be become supplier agnostic and control QoS and routing changes in a fast-paced environment.
“Opticore provide us with a Network and Project Management capability that enables us to focus on the core of our business, we know what to expect when we engage their resources, and we know they’ll deliver”
Case Study: SD-WAN
Our customer operates bureaus and remote mobile teams across the globe. The capability requires secure connectivity to corporate services and non-secure apps in environments where physical security for managed office space and transport were not to a defined corporate standard.
- Designed an ‘office in a box’ solution providing secure connectivity over multiple media types
- Fast deployment over 4G networks allowing the customer to enable the site before physical circuits are delivered
- Single plane of glass security policy
- Secure wireless utilising the same standard of authentication as the corporate offices
- Secured wired access and 802.1X
- Zero touch provisioning
“Opticore provided us with the resources that were knowledgeable in a technology that was evolving. They ensured that we were aware of the decisions that were being made and delivered a solution that resulted in our global business units being able to operate and be supported under a unified model”
Case Study: Programme
Our customer is a major hospitality organisation with a dominant presence in the UK market and increasingly in Europe. The client recognized a need to replace and upgrade their corporate and guest networks in their 900+ hotels and outlets, a major investment for them, with an initial budget in excess of £100m.
- Opticore formed an initial team to assist the client in gathering requirements
- The team consisted of Network Architects, Programme Managers, Business Analysts and a PMO team
- The Programme Governance Team, representing the client, engaged with multiple vendors and steered them through a series of RFP processes
- As an output from the RFP processes, and in close collaboration with the client’s senior stakeholders, the team appointed vendor and integration partners to deliver programme of work
- The team then onboarded the new vendors/suppliers and jointly created an implementation plan, that is now in progress
“This programme of work is transformative for our organisation and Opticore have provided us with a team of professionals that have given us the re-assurance that the programme will deliver huge business benefit”