Job Vacancy: Security Engineer – M25 Surrey and London
Opticore are currently looking for a dynamic, trustworthy Security Engineer with a proven track record in network operations, projects and deployments. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who is passionate about networking and strives to exceed customer expectations. The role is part of a Network team based on client site, working for a major finance company. We are looking for a project engineer with good general security knowledge but has excellent Palo Alto skills with an understanding of edge and internal security functions. As a candidate, you will be a self-starter, with excellent communication skills. You will work well with a team of peers and have the ability to build and manage existing relationships.
We are looking for the following key attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A good technical understanding of Data Networks.
- Experience in problem investigation, issue resolution and operational management.
- Working in a challenging, fast paced environment with the ability to react in structured and methodical manner to change.
- Exposure to Security Monitoring Systems.
- Hands-on experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches and load balancers.
- Understanding of ITIL framework (Incident Management, Change Management, Event Management).
- Drive correct working practices amongst the global team.
Required Technical attributes:
- Strong exposure to Cisco routing and switching and ability to troubleshoot complex issues
– CCNP Minimum / Senior CCNP preferred
- Strong exposure to Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama
– Security policy
– NAT policy
– Threat configuration
- A good understanding of cloud-based proxy solutions
- Technical authoring high level and low-level designs
- Authoring risk adverse change and migration plans
Desirable Technical attributes:
- Cisco R&S
- Experience with firewalling – Palo Alto (Panorama), Cisco ASA
- Experience with load balancers – F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM)
- Exposure to proxies – Bluecoat
- Good understanding of site-to-site VPNs
- Exposure to the Cisco Nexus product family (9K, 5K, 2K)
If you think you’ve got what it takes, up for a challenge and want to join a fun and fast paced company, send your CV to email@example.com
*Please note we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK.