Job Vacancy: Network Engineer – M25 Surrey and London
Opticore are currently looking for a dynamic, trustworthy Network Engineer with a proven track record in network operations, projects and deployments. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who is passionate about networking and strives to exceed customer expectations. The role is part of a Network team based on client site, working for a major finance company. We are looking for a project engineer with good general network knowledge but has excellent routing and switching with an understanding of network virtualisation. As a candidate, you will be a self-starter, with excellent communication skills. You will work well with a team of peers and have the ability to build and manage existing relationships.
We are looking for the following key attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A good technical understanding of Data Networks (CCNP Min).
- Experience in problem investigation, issue resolution and operational management.
- Working in a challenging, fast paced environment with the ability to react in structured and methodical manner to change.
- Exposure to enterprise Monitoring Systems.
- Hands-on experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches and load balancers.
- Understanding of ITIL framework (Incident Management, Change Management, Event Management).
- Drive correct working practices amongst the global team.
Required Technical attributes:
- Strong exposure to Cisco routing and switching and ability to troubleshoot complex issues
– CCNP Minimum / Senior CCNP preferred
- Technical authoring high level and low-level designs
- Authoring risk adverse change and migration plans
Desirable Technical attributes:
- Exposure to the Cisco Nexus product family (9K, 5K, 2K)
- Good understanding of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Understanding of Cisco ACI building blocks (Tenants, VRFs, Bridge Domains, Contracts, Application Profiles)
- Understanding of Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
- Exposure to firewalling – Palo Alto (Panorama), Cisco ASA
- Exposure to load balancing – F5 (LTM, GTM)
- IPAM Operations – VitalQIP
If you think you’ve got what it takes, up for a challenge and want to join a fun and fast paced company, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK.