Job Vacancy: Senior Network Engineer – Finance
Opticore IT is a rapidly expanding specialist Network and Project Management consultancy offering a wide variety of opportunities to work within challenging and exciting environments across our client base.
Opticore are currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer with a proven track record of enterprise design and delivery. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with excellent communication skills. Must work well with a team of peers and have the ability to build and manage existing relationships. The candidate must hold a valid CCNP or CCIE, be able to judge risk and integrate solutions into customer networks.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who is passionate about networking and strives to exceed customer expectations. This role is Network Project and Ops focused.
We are looking for the following key attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A good technical understanding of Data Networks (Min. CCNP certified)
- Experience in problem investigation, issue resolution and operational management
- Working in a challenging, fast paced environment with the ability to react in structured and methodical manner to change
- Exposure to Network Monitoring Systems
- Hands-on experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches and Load Balancers
- Understanding of ITIL framework (Incident Management, Change Management, Event Management)
- Drive correct working practices amongst the global team
Required Technical attributes:
- Strong exposure to Cisco routing and switching and ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- CCNP Minimum / CCIE preferred
- Traditional Nexus (e.g. OTV, VPC etc.)
- Hands on exposure to F5
- Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- VIP migrations
- Hands on exposure to Palo Alto & Fortinet Firewalls
- Security Policy
- NAT Policy
- Operational exposure to Cisco ACI
- Bridge Domains
- Application Profiles
- Technical authoring low level designs, Change run books, migration plans
If you think you’ve got what it takes, up for a challenge and want to join a fun and fast paced company, send your CV to email@example.com
*Please note we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the UK.